The #LoveSabah campaign, a partnership between iambassador, Sabah Tourism, Royal Brunei Airlines and Good Relations PR, saw six world-leading travel, lifestyle and wedding bloggers visit Kota Kinabalu and Brunei with Royal Brunei Airlines in November 2014 to create awareness of the Malaysian state of Sabah as a weddings and honeymoon destination.
The bloggers shared their experiences in real time via social media, driving engagement and awareness of Sabah’s great diversity of attractions. In the following months, a wide array of online content was produced, including 35 blog posts and videos, photos, a cinematic quality video and an ebook. The campaign generated 52 million opportunities-to-see across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ in a period of two months (source: Brandseye.com).
#LoveSabah – key results
- AVE (by BrandsEye) in excess of USD 1.1 million
- 52.3 million OTS (opportunities-to-see) on the different social media platforms [01.11.14 – 01.02.15]
- During the four-month campaign, Royal Brunei Airlines saw a year-on-year increase of 10% in flight bookings from London Heathrow to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Sales on this route had previously been flat-lining. Royal Brunei then reported a substantial increase in flights to Sabah of well over 100% year-on-year in the months following the campaign. Many of these bookings were made in Business Class. These increases were maintained throughout 2015. Thanks to the success of the campaign, flights from London to Sabah, have become some of RB’s most popular.
- There was also a short-term package deal promotion run on the bloggers’ sites in February 2015. This resulted in 28 luxury holiday bookings, and further requests for travel outside of the special offer deadline.The #LoveSabah campaign hugely exceeded its targets.
- The #LoveSabah campaign won the Travel Media Innovative Campaign and Content of the Year 2015 Award at the Travel Media Awards. The awards ceremony took place at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London on 9th November 2015.