The BlogVille project is a partnership between Traveldudes and Budget Traveller, two iambassadors, with the Emilia Romagna tourism board. This ground-breaking concept was created by Traveldudes and Budget Traveller, and organised/executed by the tourism board. Since 2012 an apartment in Bologna is provided by the tourism board to travel bloggers in order to explore the destination at their leisure, allowing the bloggers the opportunity to experience Emilia Romagna like a local and to write about what really is important for their fans, followers and readers.
In 2014 and 2015 the project was run as well in the neighboring Lombardia region, with an apartment provided to bloggers in Milan.
2016 marks the 5th edition of the project, which will be run again in Emilia Romagna. For more information about the current edition visit the announcement article in our news section.
The BlogVille project
- 180 bloggers from five continents
- travel themes: food, art/culture, cars/motors, fashion/shopping
The results of BlogVille
- a total of 1.200 blog posts were published
- > 1.8 million visitors on the different articles
- 18 million users reached on the different social media platforms
- #BlogVille was a global trending topic on Twitter on 8th July, 2012
- > 15,000 shared photos/videos on Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube
- The Blogville project was extensively covered by the Italian press. Newspapers: Corriere della Sera, Repubblica and Sole 24 Ore. Television: RAI and E’TV. Magazines: Cosmopolitan and Glamour
The BlogVille concept has since won numerous awards including:
Visit the Emilia Romagna BlogVille site.