iambassador collaborated with South Africa Tourism for the first time in 2013, a partnership that resulted in the successful #MeetSouthAfrica blogger campaign. The #MeetSouthAfrica campaign generated more than 200 million impressions on social media channels but more importantly, a multitude of engaging multimedia content was created that highlighted the great variety of attractions in South Africa and the generous hospitality of its people.
Hot on the heels of this success, iambassador will collaborate once again with South Africa Tourism for Part II of the #MeetSouthAfrica blogger campaign. This time around, 14 bloggers will once again traverse beautiful South Africa in search of the ideal activities, accommodation and destinations for their readers. The trip will take place between 2 May and 11 May 2014 and will see three groups have the time of their lives, sharing laughs with locals and imbibing in true South African hospitality. The bloggers will all start in Johannesburg and move out to other parts of the country over the course of the week leading up to INDABA 2014.
“South African Tourism has always been known as a leading organisation when it comes to digital marketing, and this year will be no different,” says South Africa Tourism CEO Thulani Nzima. “We’re looking forward to hosting a new pool of bloggers that are eager to come and Meet South Africa, explore our destination and convey what they find back to the world.”
“I’m very excited and proud to partner with South African Tourism yet again,” says iambassador CEO Keith Jenkins. “South Africa has a special place in my heart and I’m sure the bloggers will have a terrific time exploring the country and discovering the magic that makes this country so unique. It truly is an honour to work with an innovative partner at the forefront of digital destination marketing.”
The 2014 #MeetSouthAfrica bloggers are:
- Melvin Boecher – www.traveldudes.org
- Matt Karsten – www.expertvagabond.com
- Mauricio Oliveira – www.trilhaseaventuras.com.br
- Caspar Diederik – www.storytravelers.com
- JD Andrews – www.earthxplorer.com
- Umei Teh – www.ccfoodtravel.com
- Kash Bhattacharya – www.budgettraveller.org
- Rob Lloyd – www.stophavingaboringlife.com
- Adriana Lacerda – escapismogenuino.com
- Heather Mason – www.2summers.net
- Meruschka Govender – www.mzansigirl.com
- Ishay Govender – www.foodandthefabulous.com
- Dawn Jorgensen – theincidentaltourist.com
- Katarina Mancama – simplysouthafrica.wordpress.com
Follow the bloggers as they Meet South Africa via the hashtag #MeetSouthAfrica on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+.
Social media tracking of #MeetSouthAfrica is provided by BrandsEye.